Current Mailing Address:
(New Address for Mission home)
Elder Kyler McCarty
Paraguay Asuncion North Mission
Avda. Santisima Trinidad 1280 c/ Julio Correa
Asunción Paraguay

Coming home August 6th 2010!

or submit online *It's Free!*
http://www.dearelder.com/
Mission: Paraguay Asuncion North

Monday, March 30, 2009

The Rolla Holla 3-30-09

Anudda week in the life of the Paraguay Asunción North Mision. Funny how with every change in this life we go through levels of adjustment and eventually arrive at the comfort and efficiency that we found before, with a whole new set of responsibilities. I`ve found that doing so in the service of my Savior Jesus Christ has given me an added ability to adapt and develop my talents according to the requirement of the situation. As has often been said in this great work, and as I`ve learned in the last 2 weeks, which have flown by: The Lord qualifies those that he calls!
This week we were able to help a Man named Ricardo enter the waters of baptism after marrying his Wife and beginning a new life as a family in the Church of Jesus Christ. It was wonderful to see him make the change from a very relaxed, less than focused victim of his circumstances, to an excited, dedicated father of his family. This week he will be able to recieve the priesthood and bless his family with that gift of God.
Natalia and Emilio were LOTS of fun to teach. They are both very smart and sweet children. Natalia speaks some English and so often spoke to my companion who doesn`t understand Spanish, making him feel more comfortable in the lessons.
As for me, it has been really fun getting to feel really comfortable in Spanish and now working on Guarani, which seems to be the langauge of the people`s hearts here in Paraguay. People will give you this skeptical look until you bust out 2 or 3 words in Guarani and then suddenly they are your best friends. It`s great!

Tidbit: when I was in the office we had weekly meetings with President to talk about our field and office work. One week he shared with us the story of Trojan soldiers that were being led to conquer an island. They disembarked, and the first thing they did upon reaching shore was to BURN THE BOATS. That way, it became win or die...the options were very few. I have really latched onto that idea and it has helped me to DESTROY any trace of the impulse to make excuses within me. When I set goals that I know are the will of the Lord, I set them, embark, and then I burn the boats, never looking back, only forging forward. If we ever fall short, which we are certain to sometimes do, we know where the responsibility lies. That has been a powerful principle for me!
Well, this week we have zone conference and I am looking forward to taking that step back and seeing how I can improve.
I love you all and thank you for your support and help. I hope you have a great week!

Elder McCarty

No comments: