Current Mailing Address:
(New Address for Mission home)
Elder Kyler McCarty
Paraguay Asuncion North Mission
Avda. Santisima Trinidad 1280 c/ Julio Correa
AsunciĆ³n Paraguay

Coming home August 6th 2010!

or submit online *It's Free!*
http://www.dearelder.com/
Mission: Paraguay Asuncion North

Sunday, July 18, 2010

The Rolla Holla! Monday, July 12, 2010

Our new President Madariaga is a great man. He reminds me of leaders I have had in the past that are just FULL of love and kindness, and clear in their vision of where they want to go. We had a leadership counsel with him, then interviews, then zone conferences. In a matter of 3 days he got to know every missionary in the mission, let them know about his expectations inspired them about his vision, and invited them to be united in purpose in order to achieve it.

Traveling to AsunciĆ³n and back and then working like crazy to make up for the work we missed those 2 days, didn’t help the cold that had been lingering in my sinuses and throat for the past week. I’m hoping to be able to get over it today.

On Sunday, I was a little disappointed to see that Miriam stayed home from church sick, though Gustavo showed up early to meet with the Branch President about receiving the Priesthood. I was saddened again when Gustavo left before Sacrament Meeting because of a supposed emergency, of having to work to pay a debt on Monday. We went by yesterday night and stressed the importance of the sacrament. I had felt strongly about this as President Madariaga taught us to focus on ordinances, since they really are the purpose for the church’s existence and our service.

We explained to them that so many people go completely inactive just by thinking, “meh, it’s just once Sunday, what does it matter?” and lose their salvation by missing out on an ordinance that is as simple as taking a piece of bread and a cup of water from a tray to your mouth. Of course, we explained, the ordinance has a much deeper significance, which only makes it sadder when people chose not to do something so simple, yet with such grave consequences both immediately and eternally. I felt like they may have been thinking: “whoah, calm down Elder McCarty,” so I just expressed my love and told them how much I want them to be happy and together forever and that THIS is the way to do so.

We also met another pretty cool family this week, as we were visiting another inactive member. He took us to meet his neighbors and I saw the man practicing guitar. I told him I played and he asked me to teach him something. We just played and chatted for about 10 minutes as we got to know the family. We began a strong friendship and then explained what we do and how our message can help families. Marcio came to church yesterday and enjoyed it. I can tell that he felt something and we’re excited to keep teaching them. His wife promised us she’d go this week as well.

I’m pretty excited about the ward, because they’re doing activities on their own and getting some good visiting and teaching going. We had several more men in Elders Quorum and some great families are getting active again. There is no work more exciting than helping others to take the needed steps to find lasting happiness. I love you all!

Elder McCarty
Pics (sorry, bad picture week)

001 Me cutting cake at the wedding.

002 Elder Snow, Elder Brazier, and I, at the zone leader counsel. They committed me to go with them to an Iron Maiden concert when we all get back. Never been a big fan, don't really even know any of their songs, but I guess I'll have to get to know em.

003 Elder LIttle and I, long time friends from the mission. He's kind of crazy, but I love him. He comes home the change after me.

No comments: