Current Mailing Address:
(New Address for Mission home)
Elder Kyler McCarty
Paraguay Asuncion North Mission
Avda. Santisima Trinidad 1280 c/ Julio Correa
AsunciĆ³n Paraguay

Coming home August 6th 2010!

or submit online *It's Free!*
http://www.dearelder.com/
Mission: Paraguay Asuncion North

Monday, July 5, 2010

The Rolla Holla! Monday, July 05, 2010


Gustavo and Miriam were converted and baptized. They are new creatures in Christ. They read daily together, mark their scriptures with their red pencil (or as they and the rest of our investigators call it, their “Fishing Pole,” for finding and pulling out those fishes of the Lord’s inspiration for them), and then share them with each other, where Miriam usually ends up explaining to Gustavo in Guarani since he is improving his Spanish. They arrive early to church, before any other member, even President Nunez and us, since we are always picking up investigators.

Their baptism was beautiful. The ward showed up in full force to support them and encourage them in their change. I love this work and feel like this family was a giant gift from God, and one of my most important challenges for these last weeks of my mission: prepare them for an eternity.

We had the baptism in the Sacrament Meeting room, moved to the baptismal font. A sweet spirit of willingness to follow God on Gustavo’s part, filled the room as he humbly smiled and his eyes glowed. It almost brings a tear to my eye to know these experiences will be coming, at least in some way to an end.

I am, however, SO grateful for friends and family that share their INVALUABLE experiences and to help me prepare my heart for this important change. My Mom helped me to be confident in the post-mission life, with her unwavering belief in me. My brother Drew helped me to feel satisfied and accomplished with the 2 years I have spent here in the mission. Other friends helped me to recognize that this is another change in an ever-changing life and to accept it as yet another call from the Lord. Thank you all. Don’t you worry, I will give it my all until the end,and will fall into your arms when I see you again! With love,

Elder McCarty

FOTOS!

007 Here's me, looking pretty fly.


001 Here we are in our sweet red brick, Paraguayan original house, eatin some french toast. DEEELISH.
004 Elder Hopoate is a master of the Haka, as far as I can tell...and that's far. He's tryin to teach me, but I'm white.



008 We both like this pic, because we both look skinny, oh and because it's outside the Registro Civil where Gustavo and Miriam got married on Wednesady night befor their baptism.

009 Here we are at the baptism. Pte. Nunez did the baptism, hopefully it'll help him feel responsible for the family.

010 We had to twist their arm to get em to dance. But they did. ANd they KNOW how to dance.



011 Looks like so do I.



015 Today we had the first transferly Baller's Cup. We lost in triple overtime and had to hand over the cup (hand made by me and E Lisonbee).
018 So, we were good sports, and lifted the champions up so they could feel the joy. I think our area will have it locked down next change since I'm leaving and my bball skills are suffering a bit.

Top picture: 005 Here is me and Lisonbee practicing afterward. Got a case of fat face going on lately, so I'll be losing some weight.

No comments: