Current Mailing Address:
(New Address for Mission home)
Elder Kyler McCarty
Paraguay Asuncion North Mission
Avda. Santisima Trinidad 1280 c/ Julio Correa
Asunción Paraguay

Coming home August 6th 2010!

or submit online *It's Free!*
http://www.dearelder.com/
Mission: Paraguay Asuncion North

Monday, April 19, 2010

The Rolla Holla! Monday, 19 of April, 2010

Today we played 2 games of 2 on 2 soccer under the pounding Paraguayan sun. We were in Santa Rosa. It stuck me as I road in the 3 hour bus ride to give District Meeting the importance of love in this work. I realized that one of the reasons God hasn’t conceded me a specific miracle I’ve been praying for, is that my motives aren’t as centered in love as they ought to be. I invited my district to set a goal as a district for Attendance in church. We had set one for the conference in Concepciòn of 30 investigators between the two companionships, and saw miracles to be able to take 41, something I KNOW I could never have done on my own. We decided we would (1) Pray daily about our specific district goal, (2) Desire it out of LOVE for those people, and for that reason only, and (3) listening to the voice of the Spirit to find those that are chosen and prepared.

My awesome Mother wrote me this week and told me this story: “a sister in the ward told of her niece who was being baptized in a swimming pool and then confirmed right afterwards. When the Elder giving the blessing said "Receive the Holy Ghost" she piped up excitedly "OH, I Got it!!" during the blessing. I thought what a joy and simplicity children have in their testimony of the gospel and their communications and interactions with spiritual things.” It made me laugh, and feel the love towards little children that I have grown to cherish so much here on the mission. It reminded me of a story from a confirmation we had this week, though interestingly different. As we confirmed the man of a family that was baptized this week, with the door open to our little meeting house (since we don’t ever want anybody to be turned away), somebody passed by and yelled out “false prophets.” That’s just one of the many different attacks we get here in San Pedro where the persecution is almost, but not quite, as great as the many mighty miracles.

An indescribable outpouring of the Spirit this Sunday. We prepared Joel to conduct the meeting, which he did, along with very clear explanations of what the meeting is, the importance of the sacrament, and how to sing the hymns for all of the new members and investigators. Wow.

Our only 2 Deacons passed the sacrament, and our only 2 Priests blessed it. Then we listened to the testimonies of the family that was baptized and confirmed this week (an elderly couple with 10 children who will be an excellent adition to our growing family here in San Pedro). Elder Walker and I sang a special musical unmber of “I Stand All Amazed” in Guarani, and I gave the last talk. It was incredible the power of the spirit that we all felt, and the number of comments after the meeting from members and investigators alike about the special feeling of the meeting (especially an excellent family who was in church for the first time and is already excited about coming again next week).

We were then able to begin having the second hour of meetings, with the men in one class and the women and children in another. We are beginning to implement Home and Visiting Teaching and have already seen some incredible results. Truly “God has given the increase” as each individual and our small group continues to progress in miraculous ways. I love this work and look forward to a lifetime of it! With love,

Elder Kyler McCarty

Pics

003: The baptism this week with the members that went as well. WOW, it was beautiful, as always here at the edge of the Rio Jejui. 004 Elder Walker and the 3 that got baptized this week: Raquel (who had to go out of town and so wasn’t confirmed yet), then Victoria, and Concepciòn. 006 The family that was baptized this week always invites us for lunch and she is a GREAT cook. Then there is always fresh squeezed, seweetened grapefruit juice. Heterei (delish).
010 Tired of soccer pics, lol. These games I had to wear my classic, foldable sombrero to protect myself from the sun.

No comments: