Current Mailing Address:
(New Address for Mission home)
Elder Kyler McCarty
Paraguay Asuncion North Mission
Avda. Santisima Trinidad 1280 c/ Julio Correa
AsunciĆ³n Paraguay

Coming home August 6th 2010!

or submit online *It's Free!*
http://www.dearelder.com/
Mission: Paraguay Asuncion North

Monday, November 23, 2009

The Rolla Holla! Saturday, November 21, 2009

The Challenge to Become

Last Sunday, a family we have been working with made it to church. They are a young couple with a 4 year old boy who loves Michael Jackson and even knows how to dance like him (I might have told you that before), named Fabricio. Ramon and Mirta are going through some financial difficulties right now. They are the family that we found on the very day that Ramon was robbed of his entire savings, which he needed to continue running his self-started lending institution. Needless to say, God has prepared them and they are excited to come back next week for all 3 meetings (last week they only made it to 1), and to prepare for their baptism on the 4th of December. God gives miracles even to his imperfect servants.

This transfer is over. I have reached the point where it is typical for Executive Secretaries, who is like the team manager of the mission, to finish their time in the office, put on the ol’ helmet and get back out on the field. I can’t contain my excitement. Maybe it is a little premature, but I am hoping that my replacement is called soon so that I can prepare him well and then get back out there. I’m thinking, sometime around December 5th would be great (coincidence that it is right after the baptismal date of the family we’re teaching? I think not :-).

We had an activity last night and watched “Joseph Smith: The Prophet of the Restoration,” with my ward and the other Office Elders’ ward. President Wade also came back from a Mission President’s seminar in Argentina with Elder Bednar, and told us all about the amazing man and how he learned at his feet for 3 solid days. This week’s experiences got me fired up and excited to do all I can to become a great man, like President Wade, or Elder Bednar, or the Prophet Joseph Smith. I want to be a man that wears himself out in the service of God, for NO other reason than that he loves Him and wants to serve Him. I want to be a man that helps other people out of love and never wants credit or recognition. I work and strive and pray to become that man, and know that with God’s help, and through the Savior’s sacrifice, I can BECOME a new man, because, frankly, the man I am right now, just will not do. I love you family, and am grateful for your support and love in this great cause! Carry on!

Elder McCarty

012 We took this a while back at the temple. I’m holding a Guarani book of mormon. 017 This was dropping off the missionaries who went home last change, I got an important phone call right when it was picture taking time, apparently. President Wade was nice enough to hold the phone, lol. 019 Looking pretty hard core driving the blue bullet (the giant 15 man van we have in the office). 014 Took this around Halloween. Someone got a gummy tongue dracula tooth in a package.

No comments: