Current Mailing Address:
(New Address for Mission home)
Elder Kyler McCarty
Paraguay Asuncion North Mission
Avda. Santisima Trinidad 1280 c/ Julio Correa
Asunción Paraguay

Coming home August 6th 2010!

or submit online *It's Free!*
http://www.dearelder.com/
Mission: Paraguay Asuncion North

Saturday, November 14, 2009

The Rolla Holla! Saturday, November 14, 2009

Growing and Protecting the Fold
On Sunday some lost sheep came back to the fold. Brother Dure, who had been a counsellor in a bishopric, but fell into drugs and away from the church, came back on Sunday and made me feel so humbled and grateful to see his teary eyed smile as Sacrement meeting ended. He has kept himself clean and is now preparing his 5 boys to come back with him this Sunday and to prepare for missions.
Sister Dure, who’s 2 children died in a terrible super market fire, overcame her family’s bitterness and desires for revenge to find peace within the churches sacred walls. I was so happy to see her, as she hussled and bussled into the room late, dragging 4 year old Chiquitin by the hand, the only son she has left.
This Thursday, we had planned a family home evening with their family. She came down the long road to let us in the gate, and Chiquitin excitedly grabbed my hand and drug ME up to their house, where he asked us if he could pray and then pour us some cold juice. The family is finding happiness and unity after a tragedy nearly tore them apart. We watched “Together Forever” about a young family who had lost a daughter but found the solution in the blessings of the temple. We solemnly set a goal and helped them make the determination to overcom ANY obstacle in their road to the temple. Those blessings are real. I know that.
The old man, Jose, that we are teaching right now, is always home alone with his 4 year old grand daughter and she is SO cute. She can’t say her R’s or her N’s very well and so it makes for a fun game trying to understand her. She always askes me, when we are on divisions: “donde está tu compalelo?” (“donde está tu compañero,” or where is your companion). She loves to bring out books or dresses or any random thing to show off to me, and sometimes while I am teaching she just leans up against my side and plays with my arm hair. Jose is very patient with her, and loving, and he plans to bring her with him this Sunday, as he comes to church meetings for the first time.
The work goes on and I am happy. I love God for these experiences He is giving me and know that they will make me the man that I need to be.
I love you all!
Elder McCarty


276 It’s so hot these days, we’ve got to play with our Sombreros on when we play Soccer on Pday.
039 Cool color function, not so cool picture: making some goof ball concentrated face at my computer one day.

019 Our favorit juice place after a hot night. 1 Mil, or about 25 cents for a good sized cup and it is always fresh and delicious, and it is pink, so it reminds me of the 50’s.


002 A SWEET red Paraguayan tree and me, happy as can be.



No comments: