Current Mailing Address:
(New Address for Mission home)
Elder Kyler McCarty
Paraguay Asuncion North Mission
Avda. Santisima Trinidad 1280 c/ Julio Correa
Asunción Paraguay

Coming home August 6th 2010!

or submit online *It's Free!*
http://www.dearelder.com/
Mission: Paraguay Asuncion North

Saturday, September 19, 2009

The Rolla Holla, People Who Get It, Saturday, September 19, 2009

Let’s be people that get it. We come from all different walks of life; dancing to the rythym of our own, personally selected iPod music; seeing this world through a lens that is uniquely our own, complete with judgements, biases, and insecurities. Why is it so hard for us, sometimes, to just accept? I include myself. Why is it so hard for me to just accept? Those few, choice moments where I am more focused on my love for people than my disapproval; where suddenly I count myself lucky to be blessed by their presence and I swear to myself that I won’t miss one happy moment, or hardy embrace—the perls.
I love this life too much to not enjoy it. Sometimes I forget that. Put me in the smoggy Utah desert weighed down by too many classes and a full time job, or in a musky Paraguayan jungle, resisting the urge to scratch 13 different mosquito bites while wondering why Emilio won’t stop drinking to help his family. Heck, even stick me in the office where my skin turns pale and I can only get out 3 hours a night because I’m too busy designing, printing, and cutting up invitations for other missionaries to use to invite people to general conference. This life is not short on trials or on people willing to complain to you about them (like I just did :-).
But let’s be people that get it. People that patiently and lovingly listen, and then offer those simple, savory words: “I understand.” People that show their love because they feel it, and then even sometimes when they don’t. Let’s be people that make this world a better place.
Because when all is said and done, the Savior of us all was someone who got it. He was one whose entire life and death was based on understanding: suffering what we would one day suffer to understand and to feel what we would one day feel.

I love Him for that.
Elder Kyler James Rolla McCarty

PICS
00 Send 1 Here’s us office Elders at the museum here near our office where we went for Pday. This is the giant bug part. Pretty cool.
00 Send 2 PRETTY exciting office pic. Lookin pretty fat, but at least I’m happy :-)
Send 3 Speaking of fat, my companion and Elder Haskell, one of the assistants signed a Diet plan and asked Elder Vail and me to be witnesses and sign with them. We are also the enforcers, which mostly means eating in front of them and laughing because they can’t.
00 Send 5 Here we are in the museum next to the stuffed lions. The great thing about having the zoo right next to the museum is that whenever an animal dies, you just stuff it and have a sweet new addition for the museum.
00 Send 4 Here we are at the Botanical Garden (the same place where the Zoo is and the museum, and there are also some soccer fields. We had a blast.
00 Send 6 Me looking debonair (in my opinion…I know, cool word…I think it’s a word) a while back at a going away dinner for the old missionaries.

No comments: