Current Mailing Address:
(New Address for Mission home)
Elder Kyler McCarty
Paraguay Asuncion North Mission
Avda. Santisima Trinidad 1280 c/ Julio Correa
AsunciĆ³n Paraguay

Coming home August 6th 2010!

or submit online *It's Free!*
http://www.dearelder.com/
Mission: Paraguay Asuncion North

Sunday, September 27, 2009

he Rolla Holla, Saturday, September 26, 2009

The Wisdom of Chefs and Old Men

78 year old Braulio told me today that he worked in Miami for 4 years as a security guard. He said he was blown away by it’s beauty, cleanliness, and organization, but that he would never exchange it for home. For him, Paraguay was the place. As we did service this morning at the old folks home here in a local Catholic Church, I pondered life and the experiences I’m having, and some that I may be missing out on. As much as I love Paraguay and it’s beautiful, humble people and striking countrysides, nothing can ever replace home.

Braulio also told me that life is just too short to spend time hating people or even to just forget to appreciate them. He said that however much hate you show to others, that is really just how much you hate yourself. Sickly and sometimes alone, he finds himself regretting those little moments of hightened temper or shortness with loved ones that he no longer sees and sorely misses. The beauty of my mission is that I will see you all again, and I will not forget my determination to love and appreciate you with all my heart.

The work carries on. Cristian, a professional Chef is working from morning until night opening his new restaurant. Among buying all of the cooking machines and supplies, training a staff, obtaining necessary funds, and launching an advertising campaign, he finds time to listen to our message, and to sincerely inquire as to its truthfulness. That inquiry will lead him to the waters of Baptism this coming Saturday, the 3rd of October, early in the morning, to fit with his hectic work schedule that day. As my brother Drew said, when God prepares something, no obstacle is too great. An immigrant from Argentina who comes from a struggling, divided family, this sincere, humble young man will make an excellent member in the restored Church of Jesus Christ.

It is exciting to be here building it. It’s not all about baptizing, though a lot of it is. Establishing the Lord’s church is demanding. It must be balanced. Yet, at the same time it is the most rewarding endeavor I have ever or will ever experience. Thank you for being by my side. With all my love,

Elder McCarty

No comments: