Current Mailing Address:
(New Address for Mission home)
Elder Kyler McCarty
Paraguay Asuncion North Mission
Avda. Santisima Trinidad 1280 c/ Julio Correa
AsunciĆ³n Paraguay

Coming home August 6th 2010!

or submit online *It's Free!*
http://www.dearelder.com/
Mission: Paraguay Asuncion North

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Rolla Holla: (1130) 8-8-09

This week has been pretty good. The office life goes in cycles. Crazy, exhausting work, then I feel like you need to wind down, then I feel like I need to get caught up and just as I start to get on top of things, it’s change week, and it all starts over!
This week, in our apartment we have been enjoying a chess tournament in our down time (which includes 30 minutes in the morning before excercises and 30 minutes at night after area book and before bed). I was doing good, heading towards the championship round until I lost 2 in a row and got out. Oh well, I´m actually kind of glad not to have to spend valuable time playing such a dorky game (ha ha, do I sound a little bitter).
Wise man Elder Frutos has been continuing his mentorship with me. He keeps sending me 1 or 2 inspired Talks selections every couple of days. He also invited us today to go to a class he was teaching at a local university. It turns out it was out of our mission boundaries so we couldn´t go. Thanks to his awesome-ness he offered just to come give it directly to us, the office elders, next week, instead of grouped together with the other 120 students. I´m pretty excited and I´ll let you know how it goes!
I have been remembering a lot more often lately to ask myself, what would Jesus do if he were me in this situation. It is incredible how it changes even the littlest conversations and smallest interactions. Overall, I feel so much more love towards everyone and am a better man and missionary.Elder Frutos taught me last night a lesson that I had heard before, but never thought of in that way: ?If you treat somebody as they are, they will stay that way. If you treat somebody as they can be, they will become it. We need to remember that as we are teaching our investigators.? That truth applies with everything and everyone. I love you all and know you can be great instruments in God´s hands to help others. I pray that you do. I know that you will have more peace and happiness and feel more of the love of God in your own life! Have a great week!
Elder McCarty

023 We allways liked the Joseph Smith tie style, so we decided to take some pics with it.
Elder Polatis, Elder Davis and I right by my desk. Looks like he is showing me something important.
039 Sometimes you just need to take a brake and have a quick, low key office wrestling match.
044 And sometimes you get a phone call from President and he wonders why you are breathing so hard.

051 A pic from way back in Part Your Hair Down the Middle Day. We had to deliver this giant bookshelf and it wouldn´t quite fit in the van.

No comments: