Current Mailing Address:
(New Address for Mission home)
Elder Kyler McCarty
Paraguay Asuncion North Mission
Avda. Santisima Trinidad 1280 c/ Julio Correa
AsunciĆ³n Paraguay

Coming home August 6th 2010!

or submit online *It's Free!*
http://www.dearelder.com/
Mission: Paraguay Asuncion North

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

He's off to Paraguay! 9-29-08



Kyler called from the Airport Monday around 10:30 Am to tell me he was on his way. He loved the MTC experience and talked to me in Spanish with an authentic accent for a few minutes (at my request). I understood a lot of what he said but he was talking fast (like a native) and he had to translate some of it for me.

He was SO excited for the next part of his mission. He felt like he had been preparing for this time for so long to get to this point and he wanted me to let everyone know how much your support, prayers and letters have meant to him.

Elder Kyler McCarty shared with me his testimony and love for the Gospel and how much he has learned about teaching by the spirit, feeling the comfort that can only come through relying on the Lord. He expressed how much he had grown in love for his family and friends in this past week.

We exchanged our mutual admiration and love for each other and talked about the progress he had made from 2 or 3 years ago. He said he could not even imagine going through life without the strength he has found within the walls of the MTC and learning to rely on the Lord. He said he loves how the gospel fits so perfectly in his quest for truth and knowledge. The humbling experiences of his mission, so far, and surely to come, only increase his ability to feel confident and self assured. Interesting how that works.

He told me of his great love for the people he is going to live and teach among for the next 2 years. He felt a certain amount of anxiousness over the unknown. In 21 hours after leaving the airport he would be in Paraguay. As I type this it occurs to me that he should be there now. (They are 2 hours later in Paraguay from Salt lake City, Utah).

This mother's heart is full from having talked to him and shared the feelings of our hearts. I pray for his continued protection, comfort and growth. I also appreciate all your prayers in his behalf.

He may not get to email this week, due to his traveling, but the Rolla Hola will continue next week , if he can get to email in Paraguay. Otherwise he will snail mail them to me and I will type them up for you to enjoy.

As soon as I get a good address for him and the pouch mail address I will send it out to everyone!

This just in email from Paraguay! 3:30PM Tuesday 09-30-08

Hey, so, they let me in. SWEET! Also, they gave me some time to write you and let you know how everything is. I still can't wait to get to work! Looks like we'll be having meetings and other things like that until we meet our trainers tomorrow morning. The mission home is great, the office is nice, and the country is BEAUTIFUL! I sent a Rolla Holla from the Atlanta airport, so that should come in 2 or 3 days. Feel free to include this. Ok, I love you SO much and am ever grateful for all of the support and help. Send my love to everyone! From the land of the Guarani, Yumungaru (feed it, as they say when they want a high five, I'm told), Elder McCarty

No comments: