Current Mailing Address:
(New Address for Mission home)
Elder Kyler McCarty
Paraguay Asuncion North Mission
Avda. Santisima Trinidad 1280 c/ Julio Correa
Asunción Paraguay

Coming home August 6th 2010!

or submit online *It's Free!*
http://www.dearelder.com/
Mission: Paraguay Asuncion North

Monday, May 17, 2010

The Rolla Holla, Monday, 17 May, 2010

From helping established wards in downtown Asunción stay organized and do things in the Lord´s way, to watching the Lord prepare, help progress, and organize the church from the nothingness that was San Pedro. Now I´ve been sent to help sound the call of repentance in a Branch of the church with over 500 members. This week 49 of them went, and things are looking up. Patient, consistent work from dedicated Elders is starting to pay off, and I´m excited to do my part in that effort.

Here in Pedro Juan Caballero, there are 5 branches. One of them has a total of between 10 and 15 people in church each week. I imagine the church here started much as it started back in San Pedro, with lots of excitement and solid, prepared converts from the beginning. In the excitement, 5 chapels were built, and the growth continued. For whatever reason it may have suffered set backs, the beauty is that these people have testimonies, and have them deeply. Now we´ve just got to help them remember.

We´ve been doing our best to find quality men and families to strengthen the church. One night, a man passed by on his motorcycle whistling some familiar tune. Five minutes later we came to a house and decided to get to know the family. Out came 45 year old Elisha, happy to be living, and curious about our message. He offered us coffee, or if not tea, and we settled for hot chocolate. We had a good talk about how he could be with his family that he loved so much for the eternities. As we left and continued chatting, I took my eyes for a moment off of his giant german shephard. 2 minutes later I heard him growling and felt something bruch my leg and jumped. He grabbed my pants and tore them, but somehow, maybe miraculously, my flesh escaped the jaws of death. Yikes. But don´t worry, I´m ok.

Today with the whole zone, which is very spread out, we met in our chapel with the rain pouring down on the cement outside. After an inspiring meeting and feeling our vision being raised together, we went as a zone to play soccer in a nearby field. As the rain poured down and we got soaked, I looked up at the blowing palm trees and realized how much I love this place. Pedro Juan Caballero is on the very border of Brazil and we see brazil almost everyday from our area. Lots of people speak Portuguese so I may get to learn it a little myself. I´m loving the mission and excited about the new challenges and opportunities to learn of the mission!

Elder McCarty

No comments: