Current Mailing Address:
(New Address for Mission home)
Elder Kyler McCarty
Paraguay Asuncion North Mission
Avda. Santisima Trinidad 1280 c/ Julio Correa
Asunción Paraguay

Coming home August 6th 2010!

or submit online *It's Free!*
http://www.dearelder.com/
Mission: Paraguay Asuncion North

Monday, March 29, 2010

Rolla Holla, Monday, March 8, 2010

By last Thursday morning with all of the preparation for our 4 planned baptisms this week, the fact that Sunday was Fast Sunday had, at that moment, completely slipped my mind. The night before had been a discouraging one, but we never lost faith. Elida, the wife of one of our converts, Juan Villalba, and their 2 children were set to be baptized. Elida had told us while sobbing that she didn’t think she could go through with it. Joel, another incredible man and future leader in the church had told us that he wouldn’t be baptized without the presence of his wife, and she was firmly set against it. 4 planned baptisms was starting to look like 4 of God’s children side-tracked by Satan’s tricks and tactics.
Well, Thursday morning I woke up with the distinct impression: “Fast until the Baptsism.” I told my companion about it and we began a fast, trusting in the great power of our Father in Heaven. Twenty minutes later the phone rang and I picked it up to hear Joel’s voice: “Estaremos ahí,” he told me, “we’ll be there.” As the day progressed, we made it to the house of the family Villalba to find them gathered together as a family, waiting for our visit. The wife told us, simply: “I’m going to be baptized,” in her half Spanish, half Guarani, and her kids smiled, since they’d wanted to be baptized all along but didn’t have the courage without their Mom. As if to add to the already miraculous nature of the day, we received a phone call from Dionicia, another recent convert, telling us that her daughter was back in town early (she always comes on the weekends and attends church with us) and wanted to be baptized along with the Villalba family, since one of the daughters is her age.
As we continued the fast and had one of the most spiritual baptismal services of my mission, I stood in wonder at the goodness and love of God. I know that He can and will work miracles, if we simply believe that he can, expect that He will, and listen to His voice!
This, and countless other experiences made this one of the most memorable weeks of my life. After the miraculous baptisms, we were went by to visit Elida to prepare her to receive the Holy Ghost. After chatting for a few minutes, she said something in Guarani, and Juan told us, she wants to offer a prayer. We listened as she said one of the most simple, child-like prayers, thanking God for showing her the way, and for giving her strength to enter into His true church. I felt the spirit deeply and powerfully, and KNEW that she did too: the universal human language.
After teaching the family, they invited us to a game of soccer, and we couldn’t refuse. In our big, awkward church shoes, we tried not to flatten the toes of the little kids. Turns out Elida is terrible at soccer but excellent at cheating and wouldn’t let us stop playing until we said that she won...haha. The family is united an happy. When we ordained his 12 year old son to the Priesthood, Juan pulled me in from the hand shake, and gave me a giant bear hug as he wept. I am so thankful to my Heavenly Father for giving me these experiences. I love you all and miss you!
Elder McCarty

PICS

005 Our soccer game with the Villalba family. Ok, maybe a little faked. I love Juan's pose...hahaha, cracks me up.
004 This week in Sacrament meeting: we reached the goal of a total of 30 souls in the meeting!
003 On Ronalds birthday. He'll be receiving the priesthood this week.
002 Elder Walker and I, Patricio, Elida, Joel, Sandi, and Cristina. 5 incredible people who will be the great pioneers of the church.
001 The whole group and the baptism this week! ANother beautiful day at the river!

No comments: