Current Mailing Address:
(New Address for Mission home)
Elder Kyler McCarty
Paraguay Asuncion North Mission
Avda. Santisima Trinidad 1280 c/ Julio Correa
Asunción Paraguay

Coming home August 6th 2010!

or submit online *It's Free!*
http://www.dearelder.com/
Mission: Paraguay Asuncion North

Monday, February 15, 2010

The Rolla Holla! Monday, February 15, 2010

My friend Russ Condie wrote me a letter in February of 2009 that I have reread many times since. He said, “The mission is a beautiful parable and deep foretast of life.” This week I caught a glimpse of what he was talking about.

I realized that I am learning to deal with and tolerate other people’s faults. 19 year old Rodrigo, an investigator who has gone 3 times to church but suffers from what seems to be some kind of obsessive compulsive disorder, sat explaining to us why his family members should put thebroom back where they found it or how he feels completely overwhelmed by the dirtyness in which he lives. We tried to stress the importance of prayer and asking for God’s help and guidance, but he feels unworthy even to pray, he tells us. We have seen many improvements in our little time with him, but are hoping and praying that he’ll take the SMALL steps to overcome. Despite all of his imperfections, I am amazed with the love I feel for him and how much God blesses me to truly desire his happiness.

I learned that the inspired music of the hymn book is a prayer unto God and a protection for each of us. We had our music class this week for the 2nd time now, and 2 investigators and DIonicia came. We enjoyed memorizing some of the hymns and singing together (with goofy drawings Elder Walker and I made up to teach them) and we have all felt more of the spirit by singing the hymns of our Lord both together and in those little moments of personal need.

The office Elders often call me with some random questions and I am glad to help them. This week, in one of those calls, they also mentioned to me that our new mission President will be...that father of my companion’s girlfriend. Wow, crazy. She may or may not come to Paraguay with him, and since my companion only has 3 months in the mission, he will spend the rest of it, after June, with his possible future father in law. I learned that for how much I miss my family and friends, a situation like that could make it a WHOLE lot worse, haha.

I learned again the power of true conversion. Dionicia payed her tithing this weak and has been blessed with strength to save money needed and follow a budget we helped her make, to get out of enslaving debt. She has also shared the gospel with her friend and brought him to church Sunday. He now also has a goal to be baptized the 4th of March. All because one day, in a simple, humble prayer, she felt something subtle, yet convincing in her heart.

Among many, another man, named Juan is experiencing that conversion. He set a plan to overcome his addiction to drinking, and has gone 2 weeks now without any problem. He is set to take the step of baptism, and thereby cleansing this Tuesday. I know that step will give him needed strength to overcome his addiction forever!

The work rolls on. We did a special fast last weekend, and did all in our power to achieve, specifically, our goal of investigators in Sacrament Meetign. We saw incredible miracles in making it happen, especially with 4, well-educated and established men an potential future priesthood holders that attended. The future looks bright for San Pedro and we are determined to do it right, in the Lord’s way.
I love you all! Have a great week!

Elder McCarty
Pics
007 Here’s where we ate lunch today. Good food, great prices, lol.
003 Here we are eating lunch. (haha, ok, didn’t take any cool pics this week, I repent) But at least you can see the cool glass bottles we drink soda of down here. I’ll miss that back home. 011 Here we are outside my favorite ice cream shop. We always make fun of how all of the flavors are spelled wrong on the sign behind where I’m standing

No comments: