Current Mailing Address:
(New Address for Mission home)
Elder Kyler McCarty
Paraguay Asuncion North Mission
Avda. Santisima Trinidad 1280 c/ Julio Correa
AsunciĆ³n Paraguay

Coming home August 6th 2010!

or submit online *It's Free!*
http://www.dearelder.com/
Mission: Paraguay Asuncion North

Saturday, December 19, 2009

The Rolla Holla! Saturday, December 19, 2009

Well, Elder Peterson from Arizona came into the office yesterday to begin his training as the new Executive Secretary of the Paraguay AsunciĆ³n North Mission. I’ve been teaching him everything I can, since I’ll probably be out of here within 2 or 3 weeks. The funny thing is how much he has been teaching me. He is an incredible guy who is kind and loving and so desirous to serve his fellow missionaries. He will do a GREAT job here in the office and I’m excited for him to take my place.
This morning we were studying to begin our Pday and the phone, which I had given to him already to get him used to responding to the phone calls we get each day, began ringing. Usually in study I either silence the phone calls or answer quickly and write down what the need is to take care of it later. But he was so helpful and understanding and wanted to get this particular misisonary the help he needed as soon as possible. It was a lesson to me. There are times when all of the demands here in the office drag you down, but I have been watching how he overcomes it all to give the best service he can give. It has been a great example to me.
Needless to say, I’m also excited to get back out into the field. I feel like there is a whole world out there waiting for me and I am fired up to go out and give it my best shot. I don’t know where I’ll be going yet, but I’ll let you know as soon as I do. Soon I’ll be going back to the Monday p-days, the utter physical exhaustion and the uncontrollable happiness of being all day in the service of my God. I’dm finally found that peace here in the office, and I’m sure it will be as powerful as it was before as soon as I get back to the field.
I love you all and thank you for your support!
Elder McCarty

No comments: