Current Mailing Address:
(New Address for Mission home)
Elder Kyler McCarty
Paraguay Asuncion North Mission
Avda. Santisima Trinidad 1280 c/ Julio Correa
AsunciĆ³n Paraguay

Coming home August 6th 2010!

or submit online *It's Free!*
http://www.dearelder.com/
Mission: Paraguay Asuncion North

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Big News Again 6-1-09

Family and Friends,
I have found my way back into the office! Sunday morning as we were out picking up our investigators, I heard a distinct ring coming from my cell phone and pulled it out to see ¨President Wade.¨ Wondering what it could be, I answered, and after some small talk, was told, ¨Elder Mccarty, I´m calling you to be my secretary, you´ll be coming into the office tonight to begin training.¨ Dealing with the rush of emotions--the dissapointment mingled with the excitement to fulfill a new calling--I told him that I was willing and ready to serve along side him again in the office.

The best part was ending on such a great week. We were able to see Luis and Jorgelina baptized (the most amazing family I have taught in my mission...he even asked me to help him fill out his tithing envelope last week), as well as Edgar, and Catalina (an old investigator who, without knowing I was going, told me she wanted to be baptized that day), and Ana found the courage to pass in front of the congregation to be confirmed.

The goal of 5 baptisms for this month was met, even IF it was all in the last day. So many things came together to make it an unforgettable experience, and to only increase the pang of knowing I may not have such experiences in the near future. Then I realized that I can! Not only CAN I, but my Father In Heaven wants me to! And so, I am committing to FORGET about the downside and doing ALL in my power to serve with the same intensity here as I did out there! I love you all!

Elder McCarty

No comments: