Current Mailing Address:
(New Address for Mission home)
Elder Kyler McCarty
Paraguay Asuncion North Mission
Avda. Santisima Trinidad 1280 c/ Julio Correa
AsunciĆ³n Paraguay

Coming home August 6th 2010!

or submit online *It's Free!*
http://www.dearelder.com/
Mission: Paraguay Asuncion North

Thursday, May 7, 2009

The Rolla Holla! Monday, 04 May 2009

You know how it feels when something you`ve heard ALL your life becomes a reality? When the flimsy frame of words is fortified with the sturdy building material of ACTUAL life experience? This week has been a week of fortifying.Excuse all of the metaphors, but sometimes I feel like a blind fish trying to swim downstream who keeps bumping into the dam over and over and over, until he finds the outlet that rushes into freedom. I`m not sure why I always feel like planning or inventing little techniques or any other method for getting over my weaknesses will be the best way to do so, when every time, without fail, the answer is the same: The atonement of Jesus Christ.I`ve struggled this month with getting over the Key Indicators for success and focusing on the people. After many attempts, I realized the answer, again, was Him, the only one who can truly sanctify us.And with the change, have come the results! We were doing contacts one day, and even though we rarely clap houses (usually we just talk to the people who are already outside) I felt like we should clap this one. The man came out, with an unsure look on his face. We made small talk and spoke a little guarani to make him feel comfortable, and before we could even present and testify of our message, he invited us in. The rest is history. He and his family enjoyed and understood the first lesson and asked us when we could come back. They missed the Collectivo (bus) on Sunday, and to our surprise, showed up on their own to the chapel before the meeting started. Now they are excited to be married and baptized on the 20 of this month. There is still a lot of work to do and obstacles to overcome, but I know that the same loving Heavenly Father who made it possible, will help us show them the way.This story and many others, resulting in our finding investigators that couldn`t be described as anything other than golden, have been tender mercies of Heavenly Father to help me and show me that I CAN get over my own personal weaknesses. What a blessing.

I give praise and thanks to Him, as well as to you, my loving and supporting foundation, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen!
Elder McCarty

A few pics:
889 Me and a monkey (and with my little Paraguay flag pin for the month of the Patriot: May).
899 We ate at the fancy chinese restaurant downtown today as a zone, it was great!
884 A huge Paraguayan fire, which pop up all over the place from people burning there trash. This is the biggest, or tallest one I`ve seen, about to burn the electricity cables above!

No comments: